Checklist when choosing a home building company
by Aaron Morrison, Manager of Orange Homes
- Build with Insurance*- Be sure to ask if the builder can offer you insurance on your new home. Orange Homes has insurance available for your new build.*Subject to approval
- Build by reputation - Always speak to former customers before you sign up. If you can’t find any customers for that home building company, find another company!
- Build by budget - Check with former customers that the company delivers new houses to the agreed budget.
- Build in Time – You want a new home you can live in, not visit while you’re waiting for it to be completed past the agreed time because the building company is over committed. Find out what forward orders they have for new homes.
- Build in Partnership – If you want to be involved then find a building company that doesn’t play hide and seek when you want some input into the process.
- Build by Plan – Find a building company that has the plans you love – or can vary their plans to suit.
- Build out Surprise – Agree a detailed list for a fixed price contract and you won’t have a financial fix at the end of it.
- Build with the Masters – A Master Builder’s Guarantee is a must for every good building company.
- Build with the Best – Qualified, registered builders build houses. Cowboys build problems.
- Build for Size – You want a new home building company that’s big enough to deliver competitive pricing and small enough to personally manage your project.
- Build a Dream – make your dream home a reality, on time and on price.
- Build with Zest – If you want an ordinary home, find an ordinary builder.
- Build for Life – Build a home of substance and style. (We don’t build any other kind.)